The Lovinsky family with Lewis Cohen have owned and operated Sylvacurl packaging, (Eastview Enterprises Incorporated), since the early 1990’s. The Lovinsky family’s home base is Eastview Farm. The manufacturing company is located right down the road in the small village of East Hardwick in the Northern Grower’s Coop building, on the edge of the Northeast Kingdom. Lewis has been a friend, consultant, and contibutor to the business for years. Robert LaMarre has worked with us from his sawmwill in Brownington, Vermont to supply the wood to make the curls, since the very beginning (see gallery page). Our partnership has lasted 20 years. We aim to produce and promote the company to make a sustainable packaging product.
The mission of the company has not changed much since the early days.
Our goal has always been to offer a viable, effective and safe packaging material to replace Styrofoam and corn starch peanuts.
We wanted to manufacture and sell a packaging material that is;
• Utilizing a local, sustainable, and renewable resource (wood from aspen trees)
• Biodegradable (composts in one season outdoors)
• Not adding to the solid waste stream ( http://www.epa.gov/epawaste/nonhaz/municipal/index.htm)
• Attractive, efficient and lightweight cushioning for products
• Safe to use and reuse
• Clean and GREEN!
• Good for the planet
• Closing the loop (soil, trees curls soil)
We wanted to offer these attributes in our packaging to our customers in the 1990’s and we still do 20 years later. It makes good sense.